Addiction

Addiction is a deeply ingrained, complex issue that affects millions of people worldwide. Chronic and recurring, addiction is characterized by an overwhelming need for a substance or behavior—often in spite of negative effects. Addiction encompasses a wide range of substances and behaviors, despite the fact that many people only identify it with drugs and alcohol. Substance Addiction: This category covers alcohol, tobacco, and drug addiction (such as cocaine, opiates, and prescription pharmaceuticals). Addiction to behavior: Addiction to behavior includes things like gaming, gambling, social networking, shopping, and even employment. Addiction is a widespread and intricate problem that impacts both people and the larger community. It can have disastrous effects and be brought on by a confluence of psychological, environmental, and hereditary variables. 

Comments

  1. I like this blog a lot ! I like how you hit on how it affects millions of people worldwide and what addiction is. I also liked how you listed different addiction types and what they are. Addiction is a serious thing in todays society and should be taught to people more on how serious it can be. I like the topic and description all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very important topic to cover. Addiction can tear families apart. They can also turn people into people that they do not want to be. Addictions can make people anxious and it can affect their mental health. Overall, this was a great topic to cover and a great description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you clearly outlined the difference between substance addiction and addiction to behavior. Although I have been fortunate enough to not deal with either, I have seen some of the people that I know suffer some pretty bad consequences as a result of those things. It is common knowledge that substance addiction ruins your life but seeing how addiction to behavior eats someone's life up from the inside out is less talked about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben,
    This is a great topic to talk about our world is suffering with drug addictions. Drug addiction can ruin peoples lives and it affects everyone in their family. It is a hard bad to get through. I like how you discuss other forms of addiction like gaming, gambling, and many other things. Addiction is a powerful thing that has taken over the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Planning

Benefits of Physical Activity